Is Atripla a safe drug?

After being HIV for over 20 years I am at the point of starting Meds since my CD4 keeps getting low approching 250. My viral load is the 200,000s. My doctor will be prescribing Atripla. Is this drug safe? Is only been on the market since July and I have concerns about liver, kidney problems not to mention fat distribution among other side effects. Please advise. Thank you.

Atripla was recently approved but the individual components of this 3 drug in 1 pill have been around for a long time. Efavirenz has been used for a decade and is one of the most popular HIV medicines in the US. Tenofovir and FTC are newer but have been on the market for several years and given to thousands of people.

Atripla is a safe drug and is included as a preferred regimen in the US Department of Health and Service guidelines for initial HIV treatment.

Be sure to discuss the potential side effects of the medications with your doc. All meds have them and being aware of what could but probably won't happen is important.

Terrified about CD4 Counts
Thanks on the Reyataz/Truvada Response