Reyataz Stone

For almost two years I have been doing a regimen of 300mg Reyataz and 100mg Norvir once daily. For 10 years prior to that, I was doing Crixivan and Combivir but I wanted to switch to a once daily regime. My viral load is currently undetectable and T cell count about 700. I just passed a kidney stone that was identified by infrared spectroscopy as Atazanavir. I never had a problem with stones when doing crixivan. The urologist suggested I change my HIV meds to avoid further stones. In light of this, what would you suggest for a new HIV drug regime? I would still like a once daily regime if possible. Is Atripla effective? Thanks.

Reyataz stones have been described.

If you have not developed resistance to any of the meds in Atripla, there is no reason you could not take this med. Alternatively, if you wanted to stay with a protease inhibitor you could switch to Norvir boosted Lexiva or Kaletra - both can be taken once a day - although they require more pills than the one a day Atripla.

HIV From Oral Sex?
Terrified about CD4 Counts