HIV From Oral Sex?
Dec 17, 2006
Is it possible to contract HIV though Oral sex, male/female?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Yes. There is an ago old debate about the likelihood and certainly there are factors (viral load of the person with HIV, the susceptibility of the person without HIV infection, sores on the genitals/in the mouth) that can influence this risk; but, it is possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Elisa Hiv Test Accuracy At 4 Weeks From Exposure
- Advil Or Aleve For Neuropathy
- What Percent Chance Of Getting Hiv If Stuck With A Contaminated Needle?
- Will Doctor Prescribe Pain Meds For Hep C Symptoms?
- How Soon Will Men Develop Symptoms From Thrush?
- Can A Urinalysis Detect Stds Or Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.