Dec 16, 2006
hello, I would ask you about viread. My doctor says that viread reduced my cd4 count ( from 920 to 600 ). Is this correct ? thanks
| Response from Dr. Wohl
No. Viread in combination with other HIV medications has been found to INCREASE CD4 cell counts. An exception can be when Viread is taken with ddI (Videx). In this case the combination of Viread and ddI has been shown to lead to a muted CD4 cell count increase or an increase followed by a decrease. This may be because the levels of ddI in the cell increase with Viread leading to some toxicity.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Bacterial Vaginosis And Yeast Infection?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Otc Medicine Can You Take For Chlamydia?
- What Nerves Does Herpes Affect?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Does Bacterial Vaginosis Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.