HIV meds and costochondritis

Hi: I am a 61 year old male, diagnosed with costochondritis about 15 years ago. Diagnosed with HIV on Sept. 6, 2006 while in the hospital for PCP. Since starting on HIV meds, the costochondritis has been more active. My question is: has there been any connection between starting the meds and costo.. activity? I take four Kaletra 200/50, one each Septra DS and Truvada every morning at 7:00. When I left the hospital, my VL was 326,000 and CD4 was 205. Six weeks later VL was 661. My ID doctor says I'm taking some "damn powerful medicine", and that's a direct quote. Thanks. Carl

Dear Carl,

I wonder if your costrochondritis (pain in the ribs) is a consequence of huffing and puffing and coughing you may have done during your bout of PCP. I would also want to make sure your chest xray starts to look better and that there is not an on-going problem in your chest that you may be mistaking for your old problem.

I know of no information linking any of the HIV meds to costrochondritis. You can take non-steroidal antiinflammatories but I would not take too much so as not to strain your stomach or kidneys.

Should I be a part of a study?
New HIV Treatment?