atripla

i am a 49 male have been pos for about 15 years. I was diginosed with Melanoma stage 4 about 1 month ago i have been off my meds for 8 months due to insurace issuies. My cd4 is about 54 i juat got a new hiv doctor and he wants me to start on atrpla i have already been on sustiva some time ago and not sure if im resistant to sustiva should i ask doctor for a differant regiment?

If your last regimen was well tolerated and effective, why not go back to that? I would want to make certain, given your melanoma, that your immune system gets as restored as possible. Melanoma is a kind of cancer that immune cells can respond to and help fight.

There may be a good reason for the recycling of Sustiva (efavirenz) but if there is, it is unclear. More information about your treatment history would help me give you a better answer.

viralogic failure?
Viral Load and CD4 Decline and Other Conundrums