viralogic failure?

I started first time meds about six months ago, taking rayatez, truvada and norvir. When I started, I had a VL of over 700K and TC of 300. In four months the VL dropped to 250, then rose to 350 and now it's just over 500. Genotype didn't show anything significant and there wasn't enough virus to get a result on the Phenotype. Is a change of meds in order? What might you suggest?

Sometimes when the pre-treatment viral load is quite high it may take more than 6 months to reach an undetectable viral load. As part of this delayed response it is possible to see the viral load bounce around 400 copies in the 4 to 6 month time frame. I would be concerned, but would not change the regimen based on your numbers. If the viral load continues to be detectable then another geno/phenotype should be done. Let us know how things go with follow-up blood tests. Thanks for posting and good luck!

Surviver person
atripla