High CD4 count...not so high CD4%

I just had bloodwork done and while my CD4 went up from 574 to 1,013, the CD4 % remained the same at 27%. Can you shed some light on this for me? Viral load also remained flat from test to test.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The CD4+ lymphocyte count percentage is considered to be a more stable indicator of the status of immune function. Your numbers illustrate the observation since the absolute CD4+ lymphocyte count roughly doubled and yet the percentage was steady. It is not uncommon to see wide variations in CD4+ lymphocyte count in the face of minor fluctuation in the CD4 count percentage.

PROPECIA, KALETRA, TRUVADA
Surviver person