Do I have to use pills ?

Hi, i have just learnt that i am poz 2 week ago. My test results:cd4 is 590 but percentage is low %16.22 and my VL is 99.900 (not 100.000) do i have to use pills ? Thank you very much.

Thanks for your post; I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

It's too soon to know if you should be starting on medications for HIV; I never make this decision only on the basis of a single set of lab tests.

While your CD4 absolute count is normal, your CD4 percentage hovers just above the level that defines AIDS (15%). Because of this and your relatively high HIV viral load, if these labs are confirmed by a second set, if you were my patient, I'd begin the process of discussing medications.

In the meanwhile, this is a good time to make sure that all of your preventive vaccinations, mental health and other physical health issues are being addressed.

I hope this helps, BY

About CD4 count
Immune Function & Anabolic Steriods