About CD4 count
Dec 7, 2006
Hi Young, My CD4 count is 169 and started taking the medication. Now I am taking Atripla on everyday. Is it possible to increase the CD4 count?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi, thanks for your post.
Yes, the goal of every HIV therapy is to increase CD4 counts. So long as you're able to adhere to your regimen and achieve and undetectable viral load, I'd expect to see an increase between 100-200 cells in the first year.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
- Does Sore Throat With Hiv Lasts Long?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.