|What about adding Selenium?
Dec 3, 2006
I just read about the study presented in Toronto regarding Selenium 200mcg daily in addition to HIV meds increasing cd4 counts nearly twice as fast as in those without. In general what are your thoughts regarding this study, and should Selenium be routinely added to med regimine?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Here is a link to the study you mentioned. This trial was performed in Nigeria where the nutritional status of HIV-infected patients may be very different from developed countries. Whether these findings can be extrapolated to developed countries is uncertain, but there is very little downside to selenium supplementation. Additional study would be welcome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Foods Help Shingles Treatment?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Are Different Ways Can You Catch Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.