3 hours late with Epivir and Zerit

Hello and thanks for the great work you're doing. I have been on Sustiva/Epivir/Zerit for about seven years now, viral load undetectable and cd4 around 800. This morning I took the morning dose of Epivir and Zerit at 9 am instead of my usual 6 am. Is this likely to cause resistance and how smoothly should I make a transition back to the regular timing? Thanks. L.R.

Being three hours late on a dose will not undo 7 years of good results. You can simply switch back to your regular timing.

The larger question is whether you should switch to Atripla to simplify things to one pill, once daily. The Viread and Emtriva present in Atripla persist longer than Zerit and Epivir and make this regimen more forgiving of late of missed doses. Also, Viread has been shown to be safer and more effective than Zerit. This is something you may want to discuss with your clinician.

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Switching to Aptrila after genotype test
What about adding Selenium?