|Platlets over 1 million
Nov 28, 2006
My daughter had surgery and eight days later hemoraged. She had a second surgery to corret a bleeder (doctors words). She has been home a week and the same symptom are again giving her trouble. They are now checking for infection and doing tests to look for more internal bleeding. Her doctor was in this morning and said he was concerned because her platlet count was over a million.. could this high count be from a infection after surgery.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Elevations in platlet counts (called thrombocytosis) can be caused by many situations, including infection, hemorrhage (bleeding), surgery, splenectomy, to name a few.
It seems like your daughter may have several potential causes. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Can Hpv Be Mistaken For In Women?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.