|wild versus mutated
Nov 26, 2006
is it true that someone who has a wild or non resistant strain tends to drop cd4's more rapidily to to the fact the wild virus is more aggressive? by the same rational is it true that a strain that is mutated or has some resistant is a more slow moving virus?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
For the most part, you're correct. Drug resistant virus can definitely cause CD4 damage ; just as wild type virus. There are some data that suggest that some types of drug resistant virus have impaired ability to replicate (replication capacity)-- such virus is somewhat less likely to cause rapid declines in CD4 cell counts. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.