You must be sick of me.

Sorry to be a pest. But I have another question/s, as i have appt. soon with my Doctor and would like to be clued up. Diagnosed with AIDS in Feb 2006 with CD4 136 AND VL > 100,000.Given the anti biotoic thing to prevent PCP immediately. Had approx 20 small KS lessions on arms and legs and one on roof of mouth, also thrush and 2 stone weight loss. After resistence testing started meds(SUSTIVA AND TRUVADA) in late Feb with VL still >100,000 but CD4 226. Labs as follows - April VL 1600, CD4 330. May VL 300 and taken off anti biotic, CD4 300. July VL 200, CD4 240. I do not know CD4% as its never been mentioned although I intend to ask the next time - this site has taught me something. My KS has "stopped" and the marks have gone from being purple lumps to flat marks on the skin that fluctuate between purple and brown , a few have faded completely and the others appear white in the centre. I have had no chemo or other treatment. Also weight back on and have felt generally OK, some odd dreams but some quite exciting! Right here are my questions, hope your ready.

1. Undetectable - read everywhere normally within 3 to 4 months I have been taking meds for nearly 6 months but still not there, any reason?

2.CD4 - Why still so low, especially as the cancer specialist told me the KS would not go until it was about 400, yet it appears to be doing just that. My original tests were done in the afternoon now tested early morning usually 8/8.30am -any connection. 3. Will the KS marks go completely or will I be left with the brown staining which I currently have.? and just 1 more if you dont mind. Do you suggest I change medication and to what. Thanks, you can have a lie down now you ve read this, I know I need one after writing this. Seriously though thanks again I think all your "readers" appreciate the time you spend answering our sometimes banal questions. Thank You

Hello, and thanks for posting.

It sounds like things are going according to plan, but patience is necessary. Sometimes it takes longer than 6 months to achieve an undetectable viral load and the average CD4+ lymphocyte count a year after starting HAART is about 150 to 200. CD4+ cell counts tend to fluctuate quite a bit no matter what time of day they are tested. There will be more variability of these cells as they go higher. The KS lesions often lead to brownish or slightly hyperpigmented scars on the skin as they resolve.

It does not sound like there is any reason to change your medications as long as things so well. No question is too banal (well, some are), keep them coming!

Godsent
confused by results, time to start meds?