Nov 20, 2006
i take atripla, how long before my dose should stop eating and drinking. just started taking this week.
Response from Dr. Wohl
I generally recommend not eating for an hour before. A small snack can be okay. Beverages are totally fine.
Realize you can eat with Atripla. The issue is that food increases absorbsion of the efavirenz in this combo, leading to higher levels and increased risk of side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness and vivid dreams.
If you can feast side effect free, do so with abandon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Do Syphilis Sores Look Like On A Vagina?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.