What do you think?

I developed ohl and floaters within a couple months after acute viral syndrome disappeared back in may 2004 and they both have remained. My t cell count is still over 700 almost 2 and a half years after infection in spite of these OI's. Should I consider medication even if t cell count is this high irregardless of minor infections?

Thanks for your post.

If your having visual symptoms, irrespective of T cell count, you should make sure that you get a good ophthamology examination (not optician). Floaters aren't necessarily an opportunisitic infection, per se, and can be caused by a variety of issues.

Oral hairy leukoplakia (OHL) is a generally benign viral infection of the tongue- it is generally a sign of moderately impaired immune function. OHL by itself isn't a indication to start HIV medications, but suggests to me that your relatively high CD4 count of 700 isn't necessarily as healthy as the number suggests. (In this circumstance, I'd examine your CD4 percentage. A typical CD4 absolute count of 700 should be accompanied by a percentage of roughly 45-50%.).

Provided that you don't have other symptoms that could be related to HIV, such as fevers, weight loss or loss of energy, I don't see the need to start HIV meds; on the other hand if you do have persistence of these type of symptoms then starting HIV meds could be of help.

Best of health to you. BY

Dose ?
Why?