atleast read my problem

I am HIV positive &came to know last nov 04h cd4 200 after some medication from nov 2005 I started taking antiretroviel Devoir E & completed one yerr with this . my weight is 70kg. & age 40years. I was affected by Harpis. That time I came to know about this. Now I am always having the threat of my life. Sept 06 I have CD4. 340.& STILL TAKING DEVOIR E kit regularly. My question are !) How much one can live with this deasises if he go by regular madication 2)are there any new development that can Increase my cd4. 3) shall I add any New Medication. 4)How long one can take DEVOIR E kit. &after that what are new medication. 5)any food 7 exersices can help to improve cd4.

Kindly Reply Thanks jkrs

Thank you for your post.

We do read a lot of people's questions here, not everyone gets a rapid reply unfortunately- simply because of the volume or because the question isn't about HIV treatments.

Now to your questions- I'm assuming that you don't live in the US; searching Google and PubMed, I can't find any reference to DEVOIR E. Perhaps this is a generic product or one that's a combination of antiretroviral medications. If you could look up the components of the medication, I'll be able to answer your specific questions.

To the other questions, persons living with HIV can live for many, many healthy years if they have access to good food, avoid excesses of alcohol and other drugs (including tobacco) and importantly, as you suggest, have access to antiretroviral medications and treaters who are experienced in their use.

Provided that you eat a relatively balanced diet, there isn't any specific diet that will significantly improve your CD4 count (we tried this in the 1990s without success). There are many new drugs in the research pipeline that hopefully, will continue to improve on treatment options and their tolerability; outside of antiretroviral medications, considerable research continues into finding therapeutic immune-based treatments and improved strategies for prevention of new HIV infections.

I hope this is a useful start. Again, feel free to write us back with the generic names of the antiretroviral medications that your taking. BY

Kaletra + Combivir
Truvada + Soctrin