Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

atleast read my problem
Nov 18, 2006

I am HIV positive &came to know last nov 04h cd4 200 after some medication from nov 2005 I started taking antiretroviel Devoir E & completed one yerr with this . my weight is 70kg. & age 40years. I was affected by Harpis. That time I came to know about this. Now I am always having the threat of my life. Sept 06 I have CD4. 340.& STILL TAKING DEVOIR E kit regularly. My question are !) How much one can live with this deasises if he go by regular madication 2)are there any new development that can Increase my cd4. 3) shall I add any New Medication. 4)How long one can take DEVOIR E kit. &after that what are new medication. 5)any food 7 exersices can help to improve cd4.

Kindly Reply Thanks jkrs

Response from Dr. Young

Thank you for your post.

We do read a lot of people's questions here, not everyone gets a rapid reply unfortunately- simply because of the volume or because the question isn't about HIV treatments.

Now to your questions- I'm assuming that you don't live in the US; searching Google and PubMed, I can't find any reference to DEVOIR E. Perhaps this is a generic product or one that's a combination of antiretroviral medications. If you could look up the components of the medication, I'll be able to answer your specific questions.

To the other questions, persons living with HIV can live for many, many healthy years if they have access to good food, avoid excesses of alcohol and other drugs (including tobacco) and importantly, as you suggest, have access to antiretroviral medications and treaters who are experienced in their use.

Provided that you eat a relatively balanced diet, there isn't any specific diet that will significantly improve your CD4 count (we tried this in the 1990s without success). There are many new drugs in the research pipeline that hopefully, will continue to improve on treatment options and their tolerability; outside of antiretroviral medications, considerable research continues into finding therapeutic immune-based treatments and improved strategies for prevention of new HIV infections.

I hope this is a useful start. Again, feel free to write us back with the generic names of the antiretroviral medications that your taking. BY

Previous
Kaletra + Combivir
Next
Truvada + Soctrin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.