|Time to start meds????
Nov 16, 2006
I have had HIV for nearly 2 years. My CD4 and Viral Loads have never been great-CD4:310,290,210.VL:110,000,84,000,120,000.Now my CD$ has dropped to 130, and VL is 94,000. I have an appt to see my specialist but it's not very soon. I'm wondering if you think from a professional point of view if it would be a good time to start combination therapy?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Like yesterday. I would strongly suggest you move your appointment up. A simple reminder to the recpetionist that your counts are down to 130 should help. You need to start HIV meds and an antibiotic to prevent PCP - atype of pneumonia that is rare except in those with HIV and counts below 200. You can also get a flu shot while there.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.