Time to start meds????

I have had HIV for nearly 2 years. My CD4 and Viral Loads have never been great-CD4:310,290,210.VL:110,000,84,000,120,000.Now my CD$ has dropped to 130, and VL is 94,000. I have an appt to see my specialist but it's not very soon. I'm wondering if you think from a professional point of view if it would be a good time to start combination therapy?

Like yesterday. I would strongly suggest you move your appointment up. A simple reminder to the recpetionist that your counts are down to 130 should help. You need to start HIV meds and an antibiotic to prevent PCP - atype of pneumonia that is rare except in those with HIV and counts below 200. You can also get a flu shot while there.

Terminology - resistance test
worried about my viral load