Just received lab results...very scared

I just received my first labs and I'm extremely frightened. I found out that I was HIV positive about one month ago and today was the day my labs cambe back. My T-Cell count was 195 and my VL was 275,000 which indicates a very advanced infection. Do I have any chance if I go on the meds? I know that I have to go on them for sure, but are they going to help? I was completely taken aback by my results. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated

Hello, your initial viral load and CD4+ lymphocyte count results indicate that you will need to start HAART. The treatment of HIV infection has been revolutionized by the discovery of highly active combination therapy and the great majority of people respond to therapy. So the expectation is that you will have a positive response as well. The most important consideration in achieving long-term control of HIV infection is finding a regimen which works for you and sticking with it. Poor adherence is the best predictor of viral resistance and regimen failure. Conversely, people who get regular health care and take their medications without fail do extremely well. Thanks for posting. and best of luck to you!

Kidney problems
Terminology - resistance test