|when to start taking meds
Nov 13, 2006
My viral load is 27,000 and my cd-4 count is 334 when should I start taking meds? I have a history of kidney stones will any of the meds cause more kidney stones?
| Response from Dr. Young
With your CD4 count, many doctors (self included) would advise starting medications in the near-term future. Current treatment guidelines recommend consider starting HIV meds once CD4s are below 350. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- What Are Signs And Symptoms For Hepatitis B When Disease Is Active?
- What Are The Different Types Of Std's?
- Are Body Itch, Joint Pain, Numbness HIV Symptoms?
- Can Advair Diskus Alter HIV Test Results?
- Can I Catch An Std From A Bathroom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.