Nov 12, 2006
Hello, I taking atripla now for only 30 days. I noticed on "the body web iste to take this medication on and empty stomach but I my bottle is says take with food, which is it ??
| Response from Dr. Wohl
It is best to take this med on an empty stomach (at least an hour from a small meal and 2 hours from a larger one). The idea is that food increases absorbsion of the efavirenz component of the triple-drug combo - possibly increasing the risk of side effects (vivid dreams, dizziness) from this drug.
If you take it with food and have no problems, then there are no worries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.