Armenicum?

Okay, I've been reading your forum for the last couple weeks and have received some wonderful information and some very interesting opinions, especially since I just started treatment. Anyway, I've been reading about a supposed 'cure' (I know, light bulb of skepticism goes on) called Armenicum from Armenia. Dozens of people from Armenia, Russia, Ukraine, and even the USA have supposedly been freed of HIV. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything else about this...if it's a hoax, it's certainly an elaborate one and for questionable gain. Still, until Armenicum gets WHO and FDA approval, I'm sticking with my Combivir and Sustiva (despite the weird, high feeling, headaches, and mood swings where I cry at the drop of a hat). Thanks, if anyone can offer any enlightenment on the issue. Peace and health to everyone!

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well, I haven't heard anything reputable- but since this site is read by thousands around the world - let's see what shows up...

But a small tip that appears useful in distinguishing innuendo from fact. If this were really a cure - we would have little trouble finding out reliable info. In fact - the press conference presenting the data would be front page news. So it seems virtually certain that when the rumor overstates to this extent - there is nothing there. At least that has been the pattern for the decades we have been at this...

And hang in with the Sustiva - the mood swings do tend to fade in time for almost everyone after about 4 weeks - tho occasionally longer for some... You might as well go see a good sentimental tear jerker movie at least - to take full advantage of the mood you're in...

good luck. CC CC

Herbs and Modern Medicine
NEWLY DIAGNOSE