Is unprotected sex ok if partner has HIV infection?

My wife was diagnosed a little over a year ago and we have continued to have sex regularly. Several times unprotected. I was speaking with a nurse at the doctors office and he said I needed to not have intercourse with her anymore. I want to know if there is any validity to this claim? Can we still have a normal sex life?

The risk of unprotected sex is acquisition of HIV infection. Consistent use of condoms during intercourse is a proven way to prevent transmission of HIV and this is normally the way that couples protect the uninfected member from getting HIV.

nevirapine overdose??
First year of HART what next?