Doctor will not listen, what should i do?

HI I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED IN 2003 OF SEPT AND JUST B 4 I WAS ABOUT TO START MEDS MY INSURANCE WAS CANCELED BUT MY CD4 WAS 500+ NOW IM IN NEW CARE AND MY COUNT IS 234 AND THEN 360 HOWEVER MY DOCTORS WONT PUT ME ON MEDS BECAUSE HE TOLD ME IM NOT A PHYSICIAN HE IS AND ITS NOT UP TO ME TO START BUT MY WEIGHT HAS DROPPED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EAT PROPERLY AND I BARELY HAVE ANY ENERGY MY VIRAL LOAD OUT OF THE 5X THEY TOOK MY BLOOD NEVER CAME BACK I KNOW MY BODY AND I KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THIS SITUATION IM IN IF I WANT TO GET MY CONDITION UNDER CONTROL AND STABLE WHAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE THEY WONT LISTEN TO ME OR EVEN CONSIDER WHAT IM FELLING OR HAVE TO SAY AND I FEEL LIKE IM WAISTING AWAY

Hello, and thanks for posting.

It sounds like you need a second opinion. Anyone who feels like their clinician is not listening to their concerns should be assertive and attempt to redirect the discussion to the area of concern. If this does not yield results, then it is time to get feedback from a different clinician. Let us know how things go and best of luck!

Viral load low and CD4 count results stable without treatment
nevirapine overdose??