Viral load low and CD4 count results stable without treatment

Hi . I was diagnosed in 2000 , but I am pretty certain I have been infected since the mid nineties. My blood work in the past six years has yielded results that are almost identical. My basesline CD4 was around 600 copies with a minuscle amount of virus , say around 50 copies, and since then my cd4 count , in 2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, and now 06 have have been roughly the same numbers (between 550 and 750) and my viral load between 50 -500 copies. Now , that said and done, what has been happening is that my CD4 percentages have been bopping up and down . So from a high of 34 five years ago it went to 24 point something just recently. Is that significant?My consultant says no. As like viral blips and cd4 blips , it could be that . I have never had any illness save for a bout of shingles three years ago in australia, which cleared up in 5 days with acyclovir. Furthermore ,my consultant is happy to just keep an eye on things once yearly. He says that out of all his patients ,I am one of a very few who have good immune response to the infection. By the way I was also infected the HCV virus around the same time , but have since then cleared it,however I remain anti body positive , I am not a carrier. sincerely daniel

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I would agree with your consultant that your situation is unusual and very favorable. Your course is consistent with long-term non-progression and periodic (6 to 12 month interval) monitoring is appropriate. I don't think the CD4+ lymphocyte count percentage decrease is a concern and would continue to trend things. Best of luck to you!

recent labs
Doctor will not listen, what should i do?