Nov 6, 2006
How fast does Kaposi's Sarcoma progress? Would it eat away someones skin in a matter of months?
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
The rate of progression of KS varies from person to person, but in general antiretroviral therapy alone is frequently (but not always) sufficient to result in resolution of the skin tumors. Indeed, "eating away someone's skin" shouldn't happen if a HAART regimen is started and adhered to.
I hope these references help, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Insertive Oral Sex
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.