Nov 6, 2006
How fast does Kaposi's Sarcoma progress? Would it eat away someones skin in a matter of months?
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
The rate of progression of KS varies from person to person, but in general antiretroviral therapy alone is frequently (but not always) sufficient to result in resolution of the skin tumors. Indeed, "eating away someone's skin" shouldn't happen if a HAART regimen is started and adhered to.
I hope these references help, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A Fungus Infection Mean I Have Hiv?
- Hiv-1 Positive Can This Be Cured
- Does Hiv Infect Human White Blood Cells?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Under Armpit And Hiv Risk
- How Rapidly Can One Die From Hiv If Treatment Starts Too Late?
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.