I am confused

My brother was just diagnosed with HIV/Aids not sure. I am looking for an answer. Here is his symptoms: started as shortness of breath a constant dripping of nasal fluids. It got so bad that he was admitted to the hospital and that is when we found out. He has PCP pneomia, he is taking steroids and antibiotics. I know it's a cocktail of medicine. He is very secretive with his personal lifestyle. I just want to know which caregory he may fall under with PCP? From what I have been reading in the internet it sounds like AIDS but he does not have any other symptoms. That is why I am confused. He is home now after 2 weeks in the hospital. He is wearing an oxygen mask. His blood oxygen levels can maintain over 95% on its own. He has crystalization in his lungs. I am not sure if that can be cured? I know he does not wnat my husband or mself talking to the doctor. I am his sister and here I am thinking the worst. Should I be? ANy help you can provide I will gretaly appreciate it.

Thank You

Sorry to hear about your brother.

PCP is an AIDS-defining illness; it's a deadly serious complication of HIV/AIDS.

HIV infection isn't curable (yet or in the near future), but the complications of AIDS and symptoms of HIV can definitely be reversed with combination therapies. New treatments can be very effective and very well tolerated. Here's one report from a reader that should give credibility and hope to this notion.

Best of health to your brother. BY

frequency of resistance
weight loss