PCR-NON DETECTABLE HCV

Dear Doctor,

A year ago I was diagnosed with HCV(load 16545 IU/ml) After 1 month of peginterferon 2a and rivabirin the results of the PCR test showed <615 IU/ml. After 6 months of peginterferon 2a and rivabirin, the results of the PCR test showed <615 IU/ml (non detectable) What does it practically mean??? The load of the virus is very low and it cannot be detected??? I am looking forward for your reply. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your post.

Your tests mean that HCV was not detected in your blood. The 615 IU was the limit of detection, implying that it's conceivable (though would be pretty uncommon) that there could have been 600 IU of HCV in your blood, only the test wouldn't measure this.

In practical terms, this means that you've had a very nice response to your HCV treatment- now on your way (hopefully) to a sustained virologic response (or SVR).

Best of health, BY

CD4% = 12 Should I start Treatment
vaccine