HBV with HDV superinfection

Hi, I would like to know what would be the best way to go in case of HBV with HDV superinfection. All recommendation are welcome. Thank you, Nico

Nico-

Thanks for your post. Wow, hepatitis D virus, that's one that I haven't thought about for a very long time. (I did HDV basic research many years ago.)

For those who don't follow this story, HDV is a virus parasite that exploits hepatitis B-infected cells to reproduce. In doing so, HDV can cause significant liver damage in some persons. It's fortunately quite rare, with clusters of infections in isolated geographic regions (including Italy).

By the way, HDV superinfection is yet another reason why safe sex is a good idea among HIVers and HIV- persons alike.

Unfortunately, there isn't any specific treatment for HDV. Treatment of active HBV makes some sense to me, since D requires active HBV replication to do it's thing.

Hope this of some help to you. Best of health. BY

Healthy Diet?
1 year report....