Nov 1, 2006
how likely is it for a person who has contracted syphillis to contract hiv from the syphillis exposure?
Response from Dr. Young
Anytime there's been exposure to one sexually transmitted disease, there's risk of transmission of a second (or third).
Thus, if one has contracted syphillis, there is risk of acquiring HIV. How likely is difficult to quantify, since this is dependent on many factors.
Like always, the only way to be sure about this is go get tested. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- When Can Gonorrhea Be Deadly?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.