side-effects

what are the serious side-effects of: combivir, ritonavir-norivr, & atazanavir sulfate? I have had these meds for 6-months and am afraid of the side-effects. I was on combivir & sustiva for 3-years with only dizziness and dreams. I am afraid of serious side-effects. What can be more serious than dying?

The major side effects from atazanavir include elevations of bilirubin in your blood. In most cases this is not thought to be a problem but it can lead to jaundice (yellowing of the whites of the eyes and skin. In some people the bilirubin levels rise too high for comfort and the drug needs to be stopped.

Ritonavir can cause some diarrhea and nausea. It can also increase triglyceride levels.

Combivir (AZT + 3TC) can lead to anemia, muscle aches, fatigue and headaches. You were on this medication before, so you know how well you tolerate the drug.

Overall, the overwhelming majority of people on HIV meds tolerate their therapies pretty well - as you seemed to when on Combivir and Sustiva. Serious side effects are extremely rare especially if you are under good medical care.

do u think he is + like me
sero-discordance