Is there any truth to this?

I just saw this advertisement: I am sorry for the length but was is this all about?

Top : AIDS-HIV-FREE DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

AIDS-HIV-FREE HERBAL DS TREATMENT WHAT THE MEDICINE MAN'S HERBAL WILL DO FOR YOU...is charge your immune system. AHF Herbal Dietary Supplement may affect the structure or function of the ribosomes inside the infected cells*. "RIBOSOMES are the structures inside the cell where proteins are synthesized. By inactivating the ribosomes, SCRIPs shut down the cell's ability to manufacture proteins.The cell dies. Killing an AIDS-infected cell...... KILLS THE VIRUS."(1) .

"Ribosome-inactivating proteins(RIPs) inhibit protein synthesis by removing a specific adenine residue from the larger RNA component of ribosomes. Inhibition of protein synthesis will ultimately result in...... CELL DEATH." (2).

AIDS-HIV-FREE INGREDIENTS : Purified water, congugated proteins, amino acids, polypeptides, plant antiviral proteins(PAPs), single chain ribosome inactivating proteins(SCRIPs)and potassium sorbate*.

Footnote #1- Scientific Quote from COX News Service/Jeff Nesmith Article citing interview with Dr. Sylvia Lee-Huang Ph.D. , a New York University Biochemistry professor and a pioneer in the study of plant antiviral proteins.

Footnote #2- Dr. James D. Irvin, Department of Chemistry, Southwest Texas State University. Slideshow Tour.

*DISCLAIMER: This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,treat,cure or prevent any disease.

TESTIMONIALS:

"I fought HIV for 6 years till a clinic nurse suggested I visit this medicine man. He prepared the AHF Herbs for me and I went back to work after only 4 days. I later returned to the clinic for blood tests and the lab tech stated my Viral Load was reduced from 25,000+copies/ml to under 1500+copies/ml, which is excellent. This Herbal will help others."T. Chinle, AZ.

" I have lived with Aids for many years, suffered from loss of income and I became unable to pay the 12,000/year for Aids Drug Cocktails. I ran into the Medicine Man at a Flea Market in Window Rock and he had this Herbal Solution. I had nothing to lose, so I took it for several months. My current tests show near normal CD4 and T Cell counts after only 4 months use . I am working at my Art again, gaining weight and feeling great!"S. WR,AZ

" I suffered from Genital Herpes for over 20 years until I met the Medicine Man. He gave me diluted AHF Herbal and in 7 Days my open sores were gone and I am free today of that curse! I recommend it highly!" M. TC, AZ

" I was told I would never get better, that HIV could not be cured but a PHS Doctor told me to see this Medicine Person. I traveled over 900 miles to visit and have a healing ceremony performed for me. I left with those AHF Herbs and Hope.My Home Care Physcian can not believe the changes in me. My BVL gets lower each month as my CD4 and T Cell Counts rise and I feel so much better and have had no additional side effects even though I take the AHF Herbal along with my Cocktails. Thank you, Medicineman." K. Houston, Tx.

" I was so weak at 85 lbs., in a wheel chair and on oxygen 24 hours a day.I got my HIV from a blood transfusion during an operation 8 years ago. My partner got me AIDSHIVFREE from the Medicine Man. I was very skeptical and only took 1 oz. twice a day. It had no side effects but about the fourth day I experienced an Epiphany and saw such beauty that the hand of Great Spirit must be on this treatment! After 3 weeks use of this herbal, I was out of the wheel chair, without oxygen , during the day and I feel Great. I continue to improve as I continue the use of this Herbal." D. BW, NM

" My life was being destroyed by my 12 year battle with AIDS. I saw the web site and said...WHY NOT, what can I lose as it was backed by a 100 Guarantee. I took a leap of faith and ordered it. To my (and my associates) amazement, I was able to return to full time work and even travel after 6 weeks of AIDSHIVFREE use;Still my associates can't accept that a simple Herbal could do this . I want you all to try it as it WORKS!" BH, Atl. Ga.

" I was sicker from taking my meds than I care to say and resolved to just have a clear system. I stoped all meds and after 3 months of nothing, I tried the Aids-Hiv-Free. To my amazement it gave me an awakining of body and soul and it completely eradicated ny HIV. I know this because I feel great, my BVL is undetectable, my T Cells and my CD4's are in Normal Range. Only YOU can prove this to yourself by ordering it today!" SM, Phoenix,AZ.

SPECIAL- TIME LIMITED- OFFER : Have you ever heard it said..."the Proof is in the Pudding"? Well here is your opportunity to verify our unsolicited testimonials. You owe it to yourself to try this product. Order before APRIL 15,2001 (postmarked) and receive FREE SHIPPING.

FOR GUARANTEED ANONYMITY and to protect YOUR IDENTITY, Send Your Order along with a Cashier's Check or Money Order for one of the following treatments:A- Recently Diagnosed : 49.97 B-Mid-term (1 to 5 years) 99.97 C-Full-term (over 6 years)199.97 . Be sure to include return address with your Cashier's Check or Money Order (no personal checks) and mail To : Medicine Man, PO Box 4487, Window Rock,Az 86515. Don't Miss Out! Order today ! 100 Unconditional No Hassle Money Back Guarantee.

PS: 64 ounce Special share bottle for you and your partner. Order it postmarked by April 30th and recieve FREE SHIPPING. Send 79.95 by cashier's check or money order to: MM P.O. Box 4487, Window Rock Az. 86515

MEDICINE MAN CLEANSING AND HEALING CEREMONIES Medcine Man offers Cleansing and Healing Ceremonies. For Appointment and Price Quote Write to: MM Wil Livingston, P.O. Box 4487, Window Rock, Az. 86515 or Email : medicineman@aidshivfree.com

To phone for Appointment. Medicineman will be accepting calls for Wil Livingston, Medicine Man at 1-505-722-9410 or call Him directly from 9:00am to 5:00pm MST ONLY at : 1-505-488-5648

To Report any problems with use of product call 8 AM to 4 PM MST at 1-505-722-9410.

AIDS CLINICS, DOCTORS, AIDS ORGANIZATIONS or PRIVATE PARTIES: Seeking Volume Discounts call for Quantity Quotes at Medicineman Inc. 1-505-722-9410

Please advise ASAP. I have not tried this, but, I do not know what to make of it.

Thanks for doing such a great job!

LBJR

This sound like bull-pucky to me; remember that ribosomes are important to the function of all living human cells, not just the ones infected with HIV.

I don't generally support the use of herbal supplements, unless safety and drug-drug interactions have been well documented.

Remember, too that very often the persons that sell these products derive direct financial benefit from their sale. As a physician, I don't get any compensation for writing a prescription for one medication or another.

Beware, save your money for medications that have been proven to work, or just save it up and go to Hawaii...

BY

Trizivir or Viracept/Combivir
working out /life expectancy