LYMPH NODE BIOPSY
Oct 26, 2006
Could you enlighten me to what this procedure involves. I have to have a biopsy taken of my leg underarm lymph node. Will it just be a day case, will it only be a local anesthetic.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Generally, the area will be shaved, cleaned and numbed with an anesthetic injected with small needles. Then an incision will be made and the node cut out and then the skin sutured together. After there will be soreness and later a scar.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Muscle Ache Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Are Dialysis Patients Tested For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.