Interaction of docusate sodium
Oct 26, 2006
I am curious if taking a stool softener or taking an anti-gas (simethicone)tablet has any effect on my hiv regiment and other medications. Should I allow time before or after taking my meds to take the stool softener or gas reducer such as beano or simethicone. Do these interfere in any way with the effectiveness of the medication? Also, are meals a factor in either. Thanks Greg
Response from Dr. Wohl
These two medications should not interact with HIV drugs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- White Bumps On My Tongue Is This Herpes
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- Time Lapse For Genital Herpes Infection
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.