Oct 24, 2006
Can bactrium alone enable CD4 to rise?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX), commonly sold as BACTRIM, SEPTRA or COTRIMOXAZOLE (or simply known as sulfa) is a very important antibiotic used to prevent pneumonia ("PCP") and brain abscess (from Toxoplasmosis). It should be used by all persons with CD4 counts less than 200 or HIVers with tuberculosis (irregardless of CD4).
By itself, TMP/SMX doesn't raise CD4 counts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.