|Help, condom broke
Oct 23, 2006
I'm HIV pos and while having sex with my partner the condom broke. I din't ejaculate but did pre cum. Would it be safe for him to take my meds this one time just incase?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
I generally never recommend that anyone take medicines, especially HIV meds, without a treaters supervision.
While PEP makes a lot of sense and a first quick dose is often done in this circumstance, an effective PEP regimen should last 4 weeks.
Talk to your (or your partner's) healthcare provider ASAP to get on continuous medications. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Cunilingus?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Performing Oral Sex?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Sharing Dildos?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Cut On Hand?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Eating Sperm?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.