Oct 20, 2006
I've recently requested to have my brother in laws testosterone levels checked. He has severe wasting. They have already ordered serostim after some urging, but i said i think we should test his testosterone levels first. She said she ordered the test, but that it would take some time to get results. My question is how long should it typically take to get results back from a testosterone test? Its been a week and i don't want this stuff to linger.
Response from Dr. Wohl
It depends where they get the test done. The most reliable labs are large reputable commercial ones. What you are looking for is a total testosterone level (not free). It should be around 600 or more.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.