When to begin treatment
Oct 18, 2006
My CD-4 is down to 259 and V/L fluctuates around 10k. Should I be considering treatment?
Response from Dr. Wohl
I would, especially if the CD4 cell count has been dropping steady over a short period of time. Accumulating data are supporting the initiation of HIV therapy at CD4 cell counts above 350.
There are some good options for initial therapy for those living in resource rich nations.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Syphilis Sti
- Will Clindamycin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.