Liver toxicity

In answer to a recent question (What med-combo to start with?) you stated to the questioner that "your CD4 count indicates that your risk of having a serious liver toxicity from nevirapine". What was it about the CD4 count that implied this? Was it the relativly high absolute count and low %? I'm interested because I have numbers similar to that pattern.

Best wishes and thanks to you all.

Thanks for your post and comments.

Best I can interpret the data, the risk of nevirapine induced liver toxicity is based on absolute CD4 count, rather than percentages. For persons like you, with a relative disconnect between your absolute and percentage, I'd defer to the value that places you at the greater risk of side effects-- in this case the absolute count.

If you must use nevirapine, your lower percentage is in your favor, it's only that the data doesn't answer your specific question.

I hope this helps. BY

Truvada for PEP?
Terminal Illness?