NEWLY INFECTED

I HAVE BEEN POSITIVE SINCE MARCH 06, AND MY CD4 COUNT DROP TO 320 FROM 619 WITHIN 3 MONTHS. ALSO, MY VIRAL LOAD WENT UP FROM 25000 TO 255000. MY DOCTOR IS RECOMMENDING MEDS BUT I FEEL ITS TO EARLY ONLY INFECTED ABOUT A YEAR FROM LAST TEST RESULTS. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST, AND WHAT WOULD MAKE A DRASTIC CHANGES IN MY NUMBERS?

Thanks for your post.

If your CD4 count is confirmed below 350 and your viral load is really around 250,000, then I'm with your doctor, and would strongly recommend starting therapy in the near future.

There are a large number of persons who progress pretty rapidly from initial infection to CD4 counts in your range- there's no obvious reason, other than the fact that HIV can and does cause this degree of progression in some.

Obviously, getting a repeat set of labs to confirm the drop (and increase) would be important before deciding about starting medications. Make sure to invest time to learn about the pros and cons of starting medications. If I were in your shoes, the next important steps would also be to make sure that a resistance test has been run, then to discuss the potential treatment options with my HIV treater.

Best of health to you. BY

Atripla and Cholesteral
expired valtrex