The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

serostim vs. megestrol

Oct 15, 2006


Wanted to just thank you for your advice. I had a meeting with my brother in laws doctors. We have called in an endrocronoligist. His primary care was not familiar with the use of hgh or testosterone for that matter. Its amazing that if you don't have a patient advocate you may well end up without proper care. You would think i would not be amazed at this point considering i've had to go through this with mother and friends with cancer. I know this is off topic but there needs to be a fight for better quality care for aids patients. My brother in law although had complications not due primarily to aids has had difficulty finding a proper facility to meet his needs here in NYC and LA. The sad part he would be doing so much better but he had a GI tube misplaced in his stomach that gave him peritonitis,and almost killed him. He is a person of means, and has been reduced for settling for only the most basic of care. This has opened my eyes to the healthcare system. If someone who has great insurance, and has money can only get the most basic care what does it say for those who have nobody, and no money. There are only a few limited places that are equipped to handle aids patients, and this is driven by insurance companys

Response from Dr. Wohl

He is fortunate to have you as his advocate. Best of luck.


Progress on Dendritic Cell Vaccine

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint