Progress on Dendritic Cell Vaccine

A while back there were some reports about promising initial studies of a therapeutic vaccine using a person's dendritic cells. Since the first articles reporting on it, I have seen nothing in the way of follow-up. Do you know whether further research is being done on this vaccine? If so, what is the status of this research and has it shown further promise?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The original article was published in Nature Medicine in November 2004 and here is the link to the abstract. In 2005 a similar study from a different research team was published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases at this link. This latter study used different methods including 1000 fold less virus for the vaccine and the results were unimpressive. Although I was not able to find any newer data there must be ongoing research in this area. I did find a biotech company called Argos that is using a dendritic cell vaccine platform for kidney cancer. They mention on their web site that they will be studying dendritic vaccine for HIV as well. I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open for any new developments

Why did M.D. advise stopping AIDS meds?
serostim vs. megestrol