absolute lymphocytes

My absolute lymphocyte value is 4243. What does this mean? Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

Lymphocytes are one type of white blood cell. CD4s represent a large part of the lymphocyte population.

The absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) is a measure of how many lymphocytes there are in the blood; in countries where CD4 counts are not available, the ALC is sometimes used as a substitute marker for CD4s. While not the most accurate, an ALC less than 1200 roughly corresponds to a CD4 of less than 200 cells; an ALC of 1700 is about the same as a CD4 count of 350.

So, in your case, an ALC of 4200 means that you likely have a normal CD4 count.

I hope this helps. BY

Same Time?
confusing answers