Cholesterol

I had just submitted a question about taking fish oil with truvada,agenerase and fuzeon.i have been taken off my cholesterol meds for now and my cholesterol is high.I think i submitted my question to the wrong place so can you help me?I also would like to know since you can't take vitamin E with agenerase,what vitamins are ok.i was taking centrum which has a portion of E in it so i didn't know if that was still ok.Thank you Sandra

Sandra, Thanks for your post.

Fish oil (omega fatty acids) can help with elevations in lipids. The product is available as an over-the-counter supplement mixture and a FDA-approved purified omega-3 fatty acid (Omacor). We've had pretty good results with both, though the later requires fewer pills and doesn't cause the fishy aftertaste.

There aren't any significant interactions between the omega fatty acids and your HIV medications that I'm aware of. As for vitamins, I generally don't endorse mega-supplementation, but a simple one-a-day multivitamin should suffice (and won't interact with your meds).

Best of health to you. BY

gonorhea
Can you take gleevec with hiv meds?