not taking meds.

my child's dad was in prison, abused there and has now had aids for 8 years he has open lesions, genital warts, bad feet problems, head sores, bleeding rectum, massive diahrrea, has no money and no meds. how do I kno when he is about to pass away from this?

Thank you for your post.

The only way to know about someone's prognosis from HIV is to have information about their CD4 cell count-- without treatment, the lower the CD4 count, the worse things are. It sounds like your child's father is pretty sick and should find a good support system and HIV treater.

If he were my patient, I'd try to figure out how best to consider initiating treatment for HIV. With well selected, and well taken medications, the prognosis for HIV-infected persons can be quite good. BY

drug interactions
gonorhea