Hello Dr Young

Is it must to take sustiva on empty stomach.Is there any perticular reason for it. What is your comment on this. Thanks ahead for your help

Thx Prasad

Prasad, thank you for your post.

This is from the website:

"This is from the It is best to take SUSTIVA on an empty stomach at bedtime. Taking SUSTIVA with food may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, unusual dreams, and trouble concentrating and/or sleeping."

In general, I don't recommend that my patients eat a meal right before bedtime-- especially if they're taking efavirenz. A small snack probably won't hurt.

Hope this helps, BY

Kaletra & Truvada & Sulfamethazole