Re: My CD4 Count, Sept 19 Question

In response to the Sept 19th question of: "...my CD4 count is 61. It was 55. I am taking all medications... I thought my count would have gone up to at least 800... but it still is 61.", there are clinical research studies looking at this question of why one person's CD4 cell count shoots up into the hundreds, while someone else's does not budge. The ACTG study, A5212, is looking to find out if the study drug, palifermin (recombinant Human Keratinocyte Growth Factor), is able to increase CD4+ T cell counts by increasing production of these cells in the thymus gland. Please keep this study in mind. Details can be accessed at http://aactg.org/

Absolutely. This is an interesting study that I do not believe has opened as of yet to enrollment. It requires a CD4 count <200 documented at least 3 times during a period of a minimum of 6 months on potent combination HIV therapy.

You can find a participating clinical center at the website listed.

ONE YEAR ON ZERIT....AND WHAT A DIFFERENT BODY...
sex work and various questions