How long do I stay on Fuzeon

I started treatment in 1987, and am resistant to most drugs. Thankfully, ART has kept my CD4 count in the 300s and my viral load below 1000 even though my genotype and phenotype show resistance. My physician added Fuzeon to my regimen two years ago, and my VL did go to undetectable for about 6 month, but I am back at 500-1000. Now, I feel like a pin cushion with rotating injection site reactions. Is the Fuzeon still helpful, or could I quit using it?

Thanks for your post.

HIV can pretty quickly develop resistance to enfuvirtide (T20, Fuzeon) if used with a non-suppressive treatment regimen. While your viral load is low, it's above the 500 copy level needed to do resistance testing.

The most precise way to answer your question is to have resistance testing done; then you and your doctor can decide if there's any reason to continue (or not).

I hope that this is helpful. Best of luck, BY

I Know The Reply to my plan for an STI.
WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY BODY