I Know The Reply to my plan for an STI.

Positive for 10 years. On several combos. Best "numbers'' vl undetect , t's 450. worst at start VL 500K T'50 . Have been told to change meds. the new combo is like more Zombie meds. so I determined that at 51 I will just go off meds and let the infectons ( if any) come , better to feel life than eat Glaxo. So it is not a question , just a statement. If Meds give you 10 more years , I have gotten them. Now simply want to feel good enough , without the :sides" to sort of enjoy what is left, afterall we are all going to be killed by Terrorists" anyway. It so much fels better to be off meds than on , so why fight to live longer but live less?? Thanks for all the replies. Georgia.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

It is not unreasonable to take a break from medications if you have good numbers and are suffering with drug toxicity. This is one of the reasons that STI research remains vitally important, despite the disappointing recent results from the SMART study.

If your CD4+ lymphocyte count is currently in the 450 range you may go for quite some time off medications and maintain a decent count. It does not make sense to completely write off HAART in the future based on past side effects. Unless you have multi-drug resistant virus it should be possible to find a cocktail that controls the virus without making you sick in the process. Let us know how things go with your counts off medications.

Best of luck!

Going off meds
How long do I stay on Fuzeon